By: Mr. Wilson on July 28, 2006
- I'm dead and buried now, lying in a giant's shadow. But unlike my kin, who lives just across the street, I never had to sleep in the doghouse. What am I?
- I was an oasis in the city. Which way to go was my visitors' only plight. Today the biggest hazard is blight! What am I?
- In my youth I danced with Hollywood's biggest stars. The 70's were cruel to me, but I've cast those ugly days aside. Tommy was my friend for a day; do you think he'll ever come back? What am I?
- In my day my best friends were jerks. Today, my good name is sullied by "friends" of a different sort. What am I?
- My first is a moth that may drive you mad. My last is easily surmised with a little common sense. Just ask Thomas! What am I?
See what your friends and neighbors have to say about this.
2. Capitol Beach amusement park?
3. The Stuart Theater?
4. A soda fountain?
2. Nope, but that’s not a bad guess.
4. Nope. Looking back on this one I probably should have added one more hint to the riddle. Oh well.
And to the rest of you, start guessing! I can see that people are viewing this post, so I know foxspit isn’t the only one working on these. Don’t be shy!
5. Miller and Paine building?
Bonus: The common theme is “Buildings?”
2. Nope. But you’re getting warmer…
5. Yep! This one was my favorite. Did anybody else like it?
Bonus: Not quite. I think you’ll see the pattern soon.
Common pattern: Thigns that don’t exist in Lincoln anymore (well they do, but just under different names)
Yeah, I liked the Miller and Paine one too. The first couple of times I looked at it I couldn’t make heads or tails of the clue, then I started breaking it down into pieces.
2. Antelope Park? (I’m grasping now.)
Christopher: Yep! Well, close enough, anyway. I was going for Lincoln icons that have faded away.
Sorry foxspit, Antelope Park is wrong, too.
This is where we are now:
1. No guesses
2. Not Capitol Beach amusement park, Wyuka, or Antelope Park
3. Stuart Theater
4. Not “soda fountain”
5. Miller and Paine
I suppose it’s time for some hints:
1. Give me a dollar and I’ll tell you the answer.
2. It didn’t whiten your teeth.
4. It helps to be bilingual to solve this one.
Remember the common theme: Lincoln icons…
It’s weird how something just pops out at you sometimes.
4. Kings, now Amigo’s.
Still no idea on #2 and #1, but your hint makes me wonder if #1 is the Union Bank depot.
#2 has to be Cool Crest the best place ever!
That’s a big yessir on #4, foxspit. On the topic, does anybody know if Amigo’s actually bought the rights to the King’s name, or is King’s Classic just their little take on it?
And huskerpilot scores with #2, all the way from his temporary home in Mississippi.
As for #1, that trail won’t take you far, foxspit. Anybody else care to bat around some ideas?
#1 is the Buck!
Is Cool Crest the miniature golf place?
I can’t believe I missed The Buck! I had season tickets and spent a lot of time there, even saw the last game played there. What was I thinking?
Share your thoughts with the community.
Commenting is no longer permitted on this post.