Just for fun, and to follow up on yesterday’s riddle, here are five riddles, of varying difficulty, on a common theme:
- I’m dead and buried now, lying in a giant’s shadow. But unlike my kin, who lives just across the street, I never had to sleep in the doghouse. What am I?
- I was an oasis in the city. Which way to go was my visitors’ only plight. Today the biggest hazard is blight! What am I?
- In my youth I danced with Hollywood’s biggest stars. The 70’s were cruel to me, but I’ve cast those ugly days aside. Tommy was my friend for a day; do you think he’ll ever come back? What am I?
- In my day my best friends were jerks. Today, my good name is sullied by “friends” of a different sort. What am I?
- My first is a moth that may drive you mad. My last is easily surmised with a little common sense. Just ask Thomas! What am I?
And the bonus question: What’s the common theme?